This Giving Tuesday LET’S RAISE THE ROOF
on the new building at the Nueva Vida Clinic!
“In class I learned warning signs during pregnancy. That saved my life and my baby’s life when I got pre-eclampsia” – Participant, Pregnant Women’s Group
“I like getting out of the house, making friends and learning about sexual health” – Participant, At-Risk Girls Group (Las Lobas)
“With what I’ve learned, I can help my neighbors know when they need a doctor for an asthma attack, high blood pressure or blood sugar” – Community Health Promoter
Patients at the Clinic tell us that what they’re learning in our programs matters. But our educational talks are held in noisy corridors with no privacy. The new building we’re working on at the clinic will have a large, quiet space to share and learn privately – and we can use it as soon as it has a roof. Volunteers have been setting posts and walls for the building, but it takes more than volunteers to put up the roof.
This Giving Tuesday, help us Raise the Roof!
Our goal is to raise $18,000 to roof the new building and start using it in 2017!
Donate $20 to purchase 1 corrugated zinc sheet.
Donate $50 to weld & install 1m² of support structure.
Donate $175 to purchase all roofing screws & rubber gaskets.
Donate $200 to purchase all roofing cap sheets.
With your gifts, this new building will provide:
- a safe place for women and girls to share and learn in private
- a kitchen for nutritional cooking demonstrations
- a radiology area with lead-lining for x-ray and ultrasound services
- an observation room for patients needing re-hydration fluids and monitoring
- an office for our public health educator
- a roofed area for all the classes currently being held in crowded corridors
- an exam room for visiting medical volunteers
With your gifts, we can reach our $18,000 goal by the end of Giving Tuesday, November 29th.
Together, we can raise the roof!
*In order for your online donation to reach us in December, please make your donation by Nov. 30th.